Connaught Drains are specialists in UV CIPP relining in the West of Ireland. Sewer and rainwater pipes can become damaged and unfit for purpose. In some cases causing damage to the environment. Connaught Drains can expertly reline these pipes. This therefore saves on the inconvenience and expense associated with replacing them.
There are 2 main methods of Pipe Relining, one being UV Lining. We have successfully used UV Pipe Lining to repair, with minimum disruption or excavations, pipes and drains for many industrial clients with great results.
A cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) is a trenchless rehabilitation method that repairs existing pipelines. CIPP is a jointless, seamless, pipe-within-a-pipe with the capability to rehabilitate pipes ranging in diameter from 0.1 to 2.8 meters (4–110 inches). As one of the most widely used rehabilitation methods CIPP has application in water, sewer, gas, and chemical pipelines.
We have successfully used UV Pipe Lining to repair, with minimum disruption or excavations, pipes and drains for many industrial clients with great results.
UV Pipe Relining is the process in which a pipe liner is installed within an existing damaged pipe with a GRP (glass reinforced plastic) type of material. This, when cured, becomes stronger than original pipe it lines. The new pipe material is fed into the existing pipe from one opening and when cured, fits tight to the wall of the original pipe, creating a tough, strong and durable lining, dramatically increasing the life span of the pipe. Because the lining is cut to fit the pipe diameter prior to installation, the loss of cross section is as low as 5% in some cases. Therefore the integrity of the original flow capacity isn’t compromised.
The Advantages of UV CIPP Lining:
- ‘No-Dig‘, ‘Trenchless‘ technology – minimising excavation costs and disruption
- Suitable for lining pipes with typical faults of root ingression, leaking joints, open/ displaced joints, cracks and fractures. These faults can cause ex-filtration efficiency of sewerage treatment plants and endangering ground water.
- Tough, strong and durable lining, which dramatically increasing the life span of the pipe
- Strong, but flexible enough to allow for normal underground movement without breaking, unlike traditional pipe material
- Material thickness can be specified, thus minimising loss of internal pipe diameter.
- Widely accepted by Industry professionals; Civil Engineers, Architects, County Councils, Insurance Surveyors & Loss Adjusters.
- The materials used, when cured are often stronger than the original pipe
- Minimal downtime: Therefore a lined pipe can be ready to use again in 1-3 hours of installation
- Texture of the liner improves flow efficiency
- UV Pipe Reling is a fraction of the cost of traditional methods of resolving problem pipes such as pipe replacement.
- We test the Pipe Liner for resistance to most harsh chemicals and high temperatures
- All materials used conform to legislation.
Visit our Services section for more information on all our services, or Contact Us for more information on UV CIPP Relinng. In case of an Emergency, call us on 0818 66 33 33. We offer a year-round 24/7 Emergency Call-Out service.